“This thought is bad”
3. Shameful – tension in my throat, irritation in my body; need to move my body; trying to get out of myself. See myself like a disgusting sick personality, feel guilt, I’m not save in this world – people may find out. Confused; how can nice person as I am have those sick thought? I’m worthless. Think many other must have similar thoughts so the world is sick.
4. Accept the relaxation the though gives me. I’m aware my mind is trying to help me – and it really helps. No guilt or shame.
TA “This thought is good”
– helps me to relax
– helps me to give me the feeling that I want
– this though has never done anything hurtful to others
TA “thinking of this thought as bad is bad”
– it hurts to feel the shame within
– fear about others will find out is so stressful
– I see myself as worthless, unhealthy, hopeless case
– belief I better isolate myself – to feel more safe
Beautiful inquiry, Helga. During class we also did the turn-around: “This thought is not bad”. It seems the same as “this thought is good” and in my personal experience different examples arise.
Hello Helga, I am staying with your question: how can nice person as I am have those sick thought?
You must be logged in to post a comment.